For information about career opportunities with the Ontario SPCA please read the available positions below. The Ontario SPCA Provincial Office and its 56 Branches and affiliated Humane Societies employ a wide variety of staff from animal care attendants to investigators and more. Keep checking for new and updated employment opportunities across Ontario or check with your local shelter
Peterborough Humane Society in partnership with the Ontario SPCA will be launching a Building Campaign to fund the construction of the new Peterborough Humane Society, Rehabilitation Centre and Spay and Neuter Clinic.
The Capital Campaign Assistant supports the Executive Director. Responsible for tracking and reporting of capital campaign activities, gift entries and donor acknowledgements, donor research, material development and distribution, coordination and scheduling capital campaign meetings. This position is temporary for the duration of the campaign – (1 year contract with the possibility of continuation 24 hours per week - $15.50 per hour).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the calendar and schedule campaign related appointments and contacts for the campaign leadership team.
• Conduct prospect research to constantly broaden the base of support ad to contribute to the preparation of campaign solicitors.
• Enter data and actions in donor database
• Generate reports on volunteer/staff cultivation, solicitation visits and fundraising results.
• Record, file and acknowledge all campaign gifts.
• Provide administrative support to the campaign team including the taking of minutes and the preparation of meeting materials.
• Coordinate with staff and volunteers on campaign events.
• Participate in meetings with Campaign Leadership Team.
• Assist the Fundraising Committee with the Fur ball Gala.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Campaign Leadership Team.
• College degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, fundraising or marketing. New grads welcome, 1-2 years administrative experience desirable. • Experience with Capital Campaigns a definite asset. Fluent Microsoft Word, Excellent telephone etiquette and professional manner. Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
• Sensitivity to confidential information
• Flexible to work occasional weekends as needed.
• A strong work ethic and sense of humor.
Ability to juggle projects and meet deadlines in high energy, fast past environment. Strong interpersonal skills.
If you have a passion for animal welfare and have the above qualifications please forward resume and cover letter to the below address by August 26, 2014:
Peterborough Humane Society
Only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.