For information about career opportunities with the Ontario SPCA please read the available positions below. The Ontario SPCA Provincial Office and its 56 Branches and affiliated Humane Societies employ a wide variety of staff from animal care attendants to investigators and more. Keep checking for new and updated employment opportunities across Ontario or check with your local shelter.
The Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Ontario SPCA) is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Newmarket and supports over 50 communities throughout Ontario.
The following opportunity is available at the Newmarket Spay/Neuter Clinic location:
Veterinarian: Part-Time Position 16-24 hrs per week
Newmarket Spay/Neuter Services
A unique opportunity is available for a special individual who is interested in promoting animal welfare by combating the pet overpopulation crisis.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, you will be responsible for daily care and sterilization of all surgical patients and maintenance of preventative health programs and medical protocol. Quality patient care is first and foremost.
• Supervise veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, kennel personnel and volunteers in conjunction with Manager
• Examine animals and their records pre-op to determine their ability to withstand surgery
• Perform surgical sterilizations
• Examine animals post-op to ensure appropriate healing, provide recommendations for follow up care
• Supervise cleaning program for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease
• Continue research and maintenance of safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery
• Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances
• Supervise post-op rechecks and order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
• Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
• Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
• Represent the Ontario SPCA Spay/Neuter Services in a professional and courteous manner at all times
• Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
• Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
If you have a passion for animal welfare, are seeking predictable daytime hours, enjoy a fast-paced, energetic environment and are qualified to perform the responsibilities above, please forward your resume by March 14, 2014 to:
Andrea Erwin Manager,
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dispatcher – Provincial Office
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Strong administrative experience – 5+ years
If you have a passion for animal welfare and have the qualifications above, please forward your resume by March 10, 2014 to:
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.